The desktop and mobile apps configure and control the Hig-Mover actuators and the optional Hig-Hub bus master.
Complete list of app features:
Group mover control:
- Assign up to 8 movers to preset “Set preset” group and / or “Go to preset” group.
- Enable / disable group movers.
- Jog group movers.
- Assign up to 5 position presets for each mover.
- Set speeds and ramps for group movers.
Single mover control:
- Jog mover forward and reverse, momentarily or continuously, at user-selected speed.
- Slew to absolute position (trapezoidal profile).
- Slew relative distance (trapezoidal profile).
- Set soft limits. Limits can be typed in or set from current position.
- Ping-pong slew cycle between limits, all actuators or selected actuator.
- Specify position count and settings in single-turn or virtual multi-turn mode. Multi-turn also facilitates limits > 360 degrees.
- User home offset.
- Set speed and ramp for slew functions.
- Select motor control via serial commands or step/direction.
- View streaming motor position and coils temperature.
- Enable / disable motor.
- Enable mover and hub terminators for RS485 bus.
- Set position error for fault shutdown.
- Restore factory default settings.
- Save settings to non-volatile flash memory.
- Calibrate motor servo loop to payload ( 1 to 4 sliders, depending on load ).
Hig-Hub node joystick control (each of 8 joystick inputs):
- 8 analog inputs can be assigned to any mover. Four of the inputs can be assigned as gain pots for other joystick inputs.
- Inputs can be enabled or disabled.
- Direction can be inverted.
- Inputs can be set for uni-directional operation.
- Inputs can have a log response for more intuitive accelerations.
- Adjustable speed sensitivity.
- Null button for soft-centering a joystick.
- Adjustable deadband around center of joystick.
- Adjustable smoothing to filter out hand-jitters.
- Assign the 4 general-purpose inputs and 4 general-purpose outputs to various functions.
- Invert GPIs and GPOs.
- Set edge or level control for certain GPI functions.
Scripty sequencing tool (desktop app only)
- Create mover programs for sequencing, timing, and interacting with GPIs or mover events.
- Movers may be controlled individually or in groups.
- No need to memorize a scripting language– program lines are entered using simple pull-down menus.
- Your program can run from your pc, or be downloaded into a Hig-Hub for standalone operation.
System / admin control:
- Update Hig-Mover actuator or Hig-Hub node firmware (desktop app only).
- Configure actuator address.
- Enable/disable crc error-checking on RS485 serial bus.
- Enable/disable heartbeat on RS485 serial bus.
- Manual typing of serial commands to actuators or node.
- Log of serial bus activity.